It all comes to the audience. Talking on the Microphone is thrilling and gives you a great reward, but simply because we assume there are people out there listening to what we’re saying. The good news is that there are people out there willing to listen to your show, especially if you follow our guidelines. The bad news is that they still don’t know about you and it takes time to attract their attention.
So what should you do? Well, we have drafted a very simple list of actions you can take today to attract and widen your listeners audience. You will be surprised of the results!
- Create a facebook page where you regularly post your episodes. Promote this page among your facebook friends using the ‘suggest’ button and ask them to do the same.
- Connect your facebook profile with Spreaker. By doing so, everything you do on Speraker will be posted on your facebook wall and your friends will see it on the newsfeed. It goes without saying that you should also increase your friend count on facebook.
- Use social networks. All of them. There are great opportunities for enhanced visibility using all social networks and sharing sites. Try and use sites like LinkedIn, Quora, Digg, stumbleupon, etc… in a creative way. For instance, ask people on Quora for advice about specific topics that you will later cover in your show.
- Include a link to your show page in your signature. Then comment on blog posts, social networks, etc… If your tagline is cool enough, people will notice!
- Use twitter. Twitter is hot at the moment and there are hundreds of books on the topic. Remember to post whatever you do on Spreaker on your twitter account as well.
- Embed your show wherever you can. It’s all about exposure. Imagine our widget as an FM radio; you clearly want as many radios as possible tuned on your show, don’t you?
Easy, isn’t it? So give it a try and let us know how it’s going!