News Podcasting Tips Product

Spreaker Studio is now Available for Windows and Mac

Today we are happy to introduce our latest tech milestone that will give you the chance to record and stream live in an even more professional way, in a stabler environment.

The new Spreaker Studio app is now available for download on Windows and Mac. You’ll have all that you need to stream live or record a professional podcast, using a fine-tuned broadcasting studio from the comfort of your PC. Plus you’ll be able to take guest call-ins with ease without any additional configuration.

For those of you currently using Spreaker Studio for Android or iOS, things will look familiar. Let’s jump in and have a walk through all the features the app offers.

Update: Listen to this Spreaker Live Show’s 39 min episode for a complete audio explanation of all the features of Spreaker Studio for Desktop on Mac/Windows:

What you can do with Spreaker Studio

It all begins when you click START. Go live or record your content offline and then publish or edit later. Pro Station plan users will, of course, be able to choose to go live for an unlimited amount of time.

You’ll still be able to add songs to your podcasts, but the flow is now sleeker and more intuitive. You have two choices: you can create playlists or add single tracks at a time.

example

If you create a playlist: under Playlists, click on Add Tracks and then add files from your computer to a start building a playlist. Once you’ve added your desired amount, enable Auto DJ to have the songs play in a continuous queue, from first to last without interruption.
If you choose the Track Option: to have a bit more control, opt for Tracks. Click on the “+” signs in each deck to add an audio file or song. You’ll be able to fade in and out of each as you segue into new topics or interviews.

An ample selection of sound effects is also available to the right of the console. Click on the different icons as you record and stream to add a new dynamic to your content. You can also upload your own sound effects if you want to give an even more personal touch by clicking on the “+” sign at the bottom and adding audio files on your computer. By clicking on Edit, you’ll be able to delete any unwanted sound effect by clicking on the”x” symbols that appear. You’ll then have more room to upload even more sounds.

delete-fx

For those of you who decide to stream live, a chatbox will be available to your listeners so that you can interact with them directly, taking requests and answering questions in real-time.

chat

All the comments that you get will still be readable on the track’s page on the episode’s web page.

Manage drafts and episodes

Every time you broadcast offline, your episode will be saved as a draft that can be modified and published whenever you prefer. To access these drafts, click on the audio signal symbol in the left-hand menu.

drafts

Double click on a draft’s title to make changes, and drag and drop images into the graphics box to customize further. It’s up to you to publish it once you’re done, or delete it entirely. To make further modifications, access Spreaker’s website and go into the published episode’s page settings.

Setting up your Mic and Sources

Using professional equipment with Spreaker has never been easier. With Spreaker Studio you’ll be able to select different input and output sources directly from our console, so you’ll never have to worry about toggling your computer’s sound settings or using extra software again.

sources

However, don’t forget to keep the mute and monitor features in mind. Make sure you have the monitor option selected if you want to listen to your audio through your headphones as your record or broadcast. If mute is selected, that particular source will be muted to your audience. So even if your playlist is playing your audience won’t be able to hear it.  In other words, the monitor button controls what you hear, whereas the mute button controls what your audience hears.

Using Skype with Spreaker

Want to take calls while you’re going live? Whether you’re taking questions from your listeners or phoning in a guest or co-host, now you’ll be able to do so easily thanks to streamlined Skype integration.

skype

Download Soundflower’s software (this version, if you’re running OS X El Capitan) and if you have a Windows computer, download VB-cable; set it all up through the input and output sources in Spreaker Studio. In your Skype’s settings, in Preferences, allow Spreaker Studio to connect with your account. Once you’ve configured the apps, get ready to take call-ins with ease with good audio quality and zero struggle! We also offer a simple tutorial right in Spreaker Studio’s menu to help guide the way, just click on the Skype icon.

Like what you see? Want to try it out yourself? Download Spreaker Studio now and help us spread the word about the news!

You may also like
Build your show Identity
Second episode. Words are never too much
71 Comments
  • […] Bossjock Studio for IOS Adobe Audition Audio Hijack Piezo Garage Band QuickTime Spreaker Studio […]

• youngfemi1 Aug 14,2016 at 11:52 am

damn! it only launched once! besides, when i produce an offline recording, my voice doesnt play at the same time with the beat, its slower! It would have been perfect!

• Chiara Sagramola Aug 16,2016 at 2:13 pm

Hi! Please, could you contact us at support@spreaker.com and tell us what exactly happened? Thanks!

• Chuck Gregory Jul 29,2016 at 3:13 pm

Hi, I just downloaded the desktop studio app and started setting things up. I hit the connect to skype option and it crashed. Now it won’t start.

• Tonia Jul 29,2016 at 3:18 pm

Chuck, please contact our support team at support@spreaker.com. Thanks!

• Chiara Aug 2,2016 at 8:47 am

Hi, Chuck. Can you please report the issue to our customer support right directly from the app itself? So we will receive all the info that we need in order to help you. If it doesn’t start again, contact us at suppor@spreaker.com. Thanks!

• Julie Apr 4,2016 at 9:32 am

Hi, how come when I’m recording on Spreaker with my headphones using Mac, I can hear static and echoes? Please help.

• Chiara Apr 4,2016 at 2:56 pm

Hi, Julie! Please contact us at help.spreaker.com or email us to support@spreaker.com and we’ll take care of it! Thanks

• David Brown Apr 3,2016 at 7:07 pm

Hi,

I am trying to use the spreaker studio app on my MacBook Pro (Yosemite) and it won’t recognize my external mic (Snoball Blu).

• Chiara Apr 4,2016 at 2:56 pm

Hi David! Please contact us at help.spreaker.com or email us to support@spreaker.com and we’ll take care of it! Thanks

• Wayne R. Mar 24,2016 at 7:43 pm

I’m having trouble downloading the Soundflower Configuration.

• Noble Feb 18,2016 at 7:42 pm

So I downloaded the desktop app and it only launched once. I tried to run it again and nothing happens.

• Chiara Feb 19,2016 at 1:49 pm

Hi Noble! Please contact us at help.spreaker.com and we’ll take care of it! Thanks

• phillipswindall Jan 27,2016 at 1:39 pm

Question: If I wanted to use the Spreaker application to run a multi-line, multi-call or co-hosted with multi-call talkshow, is there a way to accomplish this? To the best of my knowledge, Skype only manages one line of incoming calls at a time, so, I’m trying to get my head around this technology for my use.

• Tonia Jan 27,2016 at 5:26 pm

Hi Phillip, if you want to run a multi-call, you can have a chat group on Skype, this is the only way we currently support. The co-hosting option is not allowed at the moment, we hope to give you soon good news on this. 🙂

• Brenda Corbin Jan 2,2016 at 4:45 am

Can someone, anyone please tell me HOW to DELETE all the pre-loaded music in the library? Would appreciate the help! Thanks.

• Tonia Jan 5,2016 at 3:22 pm

Hi Brenda, you can’t delete those songs offered by Spreaker on the public music library. What you can manage is just your personal music library. As a tip, to access directly your files use the Latest tab, this helps.

• Nick Dec 5,2015 at 3:45 am

I’m a little confused or maybe I don’t have enough knowledge on the topic. I listen to a few music podcasts that play well-know artists. Would I have to pay royalty on this or do they pay royalty. I have a idea for a podcast but I’m still confused. Your rules state no copyrighted material?

• Tonia Dec 7,2015 at 3:45 pm

Hey Nick, you can use copyrighted material if you pay royalty. Please read on our terms and conditions here: https://www.spreaker.com/help/broadcasting?topic=help_broadcasting_copyright
      cheers!

• Greg Feb 5,2016 at 6:40 am

I too have an interest in the playing recorded music question; the link doesn’t really make it clear how one would go about paying royalties .. i.e. the recent defunct Live365 broadcast fee implied that your fee covered royalty payments. Is there an option like that here through Spreaker?

• Teddy Leist Nov 24,2015 at 8:10 pm

I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers except this article is in fact a nice post, keep it up.

• Joshua Jones Nov 4,2015 at 4:31 am

I started the Skype connection steps… installed VB Cable, rebooted and Opened Spreaker Studio. Won’t go past step 2 where it tells me to download VB Cable again. What am I missing here?

• Zap Oct 25,2015 at 2:54 pm

Ciao.
    I due problemi principali riscontrati per ora sono:
    1. l’applicazione non gira per sistemi operativi inferiori a windows 7. È previsto un aggiornamento che includa vista e xp?
    2.nel gestire i vari pulsanti durante le dirette, abbiamo un problema di effetto “gracchiante”. Da cosa può essere dovuto?
    3. da un pc portatile mettendo 4 fonti audio, il fader delle tracce scompare, senza possibilità di effettuare nessun fade fra le 2 tracce.

• Hanna Heidelberg Oct 24,2015 at 7:05 pm

Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for? you make running a blog glance easy. The full glance of your site is wonderful, as neatly as the content!

• Mattie Trott Oct 23,2015 at 3:53 pm

If some one desires to be updated with newest technologies therefore he must be go to see this website and be up to date every day.

• Fortarrigo Radio Perusia Oct 20,2015 at 8:12 pm

Ciao Tonia, poiché voglio scrivere un feedback come si deve evito l’inglese (spero mi perdonerai). Innanzi tutto ci voleva una versione per computer (noi a Radio Perusia abbiamo usato spessissimo quella per iPad per le nostre dirette). Ciò detto, alcune mie considerazioni e richieste.
    1) UI 1: sarebbe carino avere la playlist come la versione online, ovvero sempre visibile per poter caricare agevolmente le canzoni.
    2) Libreria Spreaker: Sarebbe molto bello poter avere il collegamento alla libreria di canzoni royalty free messe a disposizione da Spreaker nella versione online.
    3) UI 2: quando la finestra non è a tutto schermo, i comandi sottostanti alle tracce vengono tagliati a metà (l’altra metà si perde sotto la label “Microfono & Sorgenti)
    4) Sorgenti: per quanto ci riguarda, ci servirebbero più di 4 sorgenti. È in programma l’aumento del numero delle sorgenti?
    5) UI 3: sarebbe anche interessante avere, per ogni sorgente, una label editabile dove poter indicare il dispositivo o il software connesso a quella sorgente, in modo da sapere più agevolmente cosa si va a mettere o togliere dalla cuffia o dalla trasmissione.
    6) Numero effetti: si potrebbe anche aumentare il numero di effetti? Noi ci mettiamo le sigle, e 9 in certe dirette non bastano. Certo, si possono cambiare, ma se si potessero aumentare sarebbe eccellente.
    7) Chat: per la chat vale il discorso fatto per la playlist. Ovvero di averla sempre in primo piano, sulla colonna destra.
    8) Errore: quando clicco su “Inizia”, sotto al bottone “Live” mi dice che posso andare in diretta per massimo 5 ore, pur avendo un piano Broadcaster. Oddio, se ci regalate 2 ore di diretta, essendo la nostra web radio un’emittente di protezione civile fatta da volontari, ci fa piacere 😀

Grazie ancora per la versione desktop dello Studio! L’abbiamo testato domenica in centro per la diretta di “Io non rischio”. È davvero comoda! Spero che nelle prossime versioni possiate magari fare vostro qualche nostro suggerimento.
    Cordialità e buona serata

• Tonia Oct 21,2015 at 7:45 am

Ciao e grazie per il feedback dettagliato! 🙂

• Renzo Oct 20,2015 at 1:42 pm

No autoducking…. 🙁

• Tonia Oct 20,2015 at 1:51 pm

Hi Renzo, this feature will be introduced on the next release! Stay tuned 🙂

• Paul Oct 19,2015 at 4:55 pm

Tonia & Spreaker Team, here is my review of the new studio. I love it! I have produced two shows with it, and this is what I found. At first, I was getting a lot of digital distortion from running my mics through a digital converter box (Audiobox USB), so I then went with two mics (I have a co-host) into a small mixer, taking one audio line out directly into the audio in port of a Macbook Pro. Then the Spreaker studio’s mic setup is selected for “Built in mic” and now I have this great quality vocal sound using two mics mixed and EQ’d into one input. Now, the Audiobox USB digital converter is connected to the USB of the MAC, and the MAC settings are set to use it as the output source. Now, I and the co-host can hear all the music, effects and our own vocals through the Audiobox headphone jack or speakers. The Spreaker studio has cut my workload in half and is producing good quality sound with ease of playing tracks and effects. I also love the fact that in “draft” mode one can add their artwork, and then add the description and time to broadcast with tags right there in one place prior to hitting the publish button. Outstanding app my friends. To hear what I have done, just click on my name above or find me on Spreaker under Fifthook Media. Thanks!

• Tonia Oct 20,2015 at 7:59 am

Hey Paul, what a detailed review! Many thanks! I’m gonna share this with the tech team. In the future, if you want to keep in contact with the developers, send them an email from the Studio app. Left menu, help, report an issue. Cheers!

• Alex Oct 19,2015 at 2:32 pm

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time! Thanks to the wonderful folks at Spreaker for making Skype calls happen! One issue I have, I’m finding that when hooking up a external usb microphone the audio is only coming thru the left channel, not the right. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Tonia Oct 19,2015 at 2:39 pm

Hi Alex, please contact our Support team from the app (Menu-> Help-> Report an issue). This will help us investigate from your logs. Thanks.

• Joycelin Linton Oct 16,2015 at 4:59 pm

At times I wish to edit the actual recording because I have not always stop the recording though the pod casting has finished. Therefore listeners can here me in the background until I realise that the recording is still going on.

• Tonia Oct 19,2015 at 2:40 pm

Hello! To edit the recording, you have to download it and do an offline editing. We do not offer the online editing option. Cheers.

• Paul Oct 19,2015 at 4:33 pm

This is what I suggest: Build a habit of always “Muting” your mic through the studio immediately after ending your podcast. Then you can either finish playing your outro music or simply click the stop button in the studio permanently ending your show. But always first mute your mic and prevent unwanted conversation to your audience. To hear how it sounds go to Fifthook Media on Spreaker.

• Thomas Oct 16,2015 at 6:32 am

I’m about to give this a shot for my podcast. It looks great so far. One thing off the bat though, it seems like with this setup my co-hosts still won’t be able to hear the tracks & effects I play? I’ll soon find out if I’m wrong about that.
    Also one request: high quality, seperate-track local recording. I’d love the option for each source put through the app to be recorded & saved individually, because I usually edit a high quality version of my shows before I publish. Hope that made sense. Anyway looking forward to see what you guys do with this!

• Tonia Oct 16,2015 at 2:30 pm

Thomas, you’re right. You can co-host only if you are running a talk show, but actually you can’t hear the effects and tracks. For the option requested, thanks we hear all the feedback! 🙂

• Jack Oct 16,2015 at 12:37 am

Hey, so far I love the new studio. I’m still getting use to it but for the life of me I can’t figure out if there’s a way to add tracks from the track section to the playlist section like there was on the website version of the studio….or do I need to open a file every time I add to the Tracks page?

• Jack Oct 16,2015 at 12:39 am

Pretty sure I just said this backwards. I meant from the Playlist section TO the Tracks section.

• Tonia Oct 16,2015 at 8:40 am

Jack, currently there’s no way to upload the tracks from the Playlist to the Tracks section. You have to do that work separately. Let me know if you need any help.

• CvsRadio1- Reggae Oct 15,2015 at 12:02 am

Perfect studio to enhance CvsRadio1 – Reggae Radio streaming authentic reggae music worldwide.

• BobbyC Oct 14,2015 at 11:27 pm

I have been trying to run my mixer and mics through the new studio but it does not recognize either. Is there a trick to making it recognize these types of setups?

• Tonia Oct 15,2015 at 12:22 pm

Hi BobbyC, please send us a support request from the app. Left menu: Help, Report an issue. Thanks.

• Don Oct 14,2015 at 10:15 pm

I have a asus chrome box. Runs Google Chrome.Is there any app for spreaker for that? Also the only other thing I have to download to is Windows XP computer? Do you have a version I could download that would work.

• Tonia Oct 15,2015 at 8:09 am

Hi Don, the app runs from Windows 7 and up. Let me know if you have any problems!

• Linda Irwin Oct 14,2015 at 8:31 pm

I was excited to down-load this only to find twice that my Norton 360 removed it because it was not safe after down-load.

Any ideas why?

Windows 7, Google Chrome, desk top.

• Tonia Oct 15,2015 at 12:37 pm

Linda, disable the antivirus to get the app and then enable it again. We’ve added this on our roadmap. Thanks.

• Paul Oct 14,2015 at 6:38 pm

I really like using Spreaker and the tools you folks are producing for us. I also use the BlogTalkRadio platform, and Spreaker is so much easier and streamlined. I downloaded this new app for MAC and can’t wait to experiment with it. I loved your mobile app for iPad, but hated the Spreaker Studio from your site. So, I went back to using Logic to record, but now I am very pleased and excited to try this….Thanks!

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 7:05 pm

Paul, we can’t wait to get your feedback, then. Let us know! Thanks.

• Joel Oct 14,2015 at 4:03 pm

Downloaded the app on my MacBook Pro and recording was full of static. Checked my USB Apogee mic with Grageband and all is fine. The conclusion: Software challenge. Re-downloaded (twice) and the same result occurred. any ideas?

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 4:10 pm

Joel, could you please contact our Support team from the app? On the left menu please click on “Help” and then “Report an issue”. Let me know if you need any more explanation. Thanks!

• Chase Oct 14,2015 at 3:16 pm

Using your platform, am I breaking any copy right laws on the music that I play i.e. Am I covered by your license to play my music?

• Moirdin Oct 14,2015 at 3:06 pm

I was not a huge fan of the mobile app, but i will give this one a try.

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 3:10 pm

Hello Moirdin, glad to hear that. Let us know your feedback, then!

• Mike Myers Oct 14,2015 at 1:34 pm

Help! I can’t run the new app. It won’t even try to install.

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 1:36 pm

Hi Mike, can you please contact our Support team here? help.spreaker.com We’ll be glad to help!

• Shuichi Oct 14,2015 at 12:22 pm

And for linux?

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 12:58 pm

Hi Shuichi, we don’t have plans for Linux yet. In that case, i’ll contact you to be one of our beta tester!

• Félix @LocutorCo Oct 14,2015 at 9:50 am

¡Súper!

Lo que muchos podcasters soñábamos ahora es posible

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 12:55 pm

Hola Félix, gracias. Difunde las buenas noticias!

• -Bri- Oct 14,2015 at 8:14 am

Yay! Such a wonderful and free (!) product for audio recording. Makes me want to start podcasting too! ^_^

• Tonia Oct 14,2015 at 12:54 pm