In this Spreaker Live Show episode 53, we discuss the great features of the FREE “Spreaker Podcast Radio App for Android“.
Click read more to see the specific topics discussed in this 35 minute interview.
Spreaker Live Show #53
Our Topic This Week is Spreaker Podcast Radio listening App on Android. We have another new “Spreaker How-To” segment co-host on the show and his name is Alex Exum @AlexExum and he is based in LA and hosts “The Exum Experience” and the “Spreaker Studio Review” show.
Show Duration: 35 minutes
Host: Rob Greenlee, Head of Content, Spreaker @robgreenlee – rob(at)spreaker(dotcom)
This week we take a deep dive into Spreaker Podcast Radio listening App on Android.
Spreaker Blog Posts at http://Blog.Spreaker.com:
– Spreaker will be at NAB Show in Las Vegas – April 16-21th
– International Journalism Festival in Perugia (Italy) Spreaker team is on Podcasting and Web Radio panels at the event April 6-10
T-Shirt Winning Comments:
Same Sex Dialogue Podcast from Knoxville, Tennessee: Reference to last week Spreaker Studio for Android #52 episode: “Basically we can record or stream with a guest or guests and use the effects (without the guest hearing them) all from our Android device through the mobile app.
Yes, it is possible to run two very high quality mics into an Android phone for recording. We use an Electro voice RE/20 & 27 and I’ve even figured out how to conduct an interview via live or prerecorded and use effects WITHOUT echo or feedback during the show.”
Detailed Show Notes:
– What makes Spreaker Podcast Radio App for Android so new and different?
– Very social ”Newsfeed” feature with the latest episodes from user favorite shows and Spreaker users follow and liked.
– “Channels” is topic-based curated but automatic episode updating playlists of podcasts like “Comedy Fun, Public Radio Sounds”, Basketball Talk, Hourly News, Politics L&R, Money, Tech and more in a lean-back radio-like listening experience.
– “Explore” curated playlists by theme, topic, genre and media property podcast recommendations.
– Spreaker App has 123,000 shows in the app, most popular 3,000 podcasts available as externally hosted, pass-through shows. Phone and horizontal mode tablet version only (no profile mode rotation).
– “Favorites” show list that has the ability to auto-downloads (NEW up to 5 episodes, Always Enable, Never Enable, Ask Me Everytime) and just give quick links to episodes lists for the show(s).
– “Playlists” – Listen Later, Likes, Downloads, Listening (History)
– “Settings”: Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi and Cell Data options, Storage: Auto,Internal,SD, Notifications: New Episode Available
– Languages: English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic
– Spreaker Podcast Radio App for Android (See Video) –https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spreaker.android&hl=en
– Alex’s Spreaker Studio Review Show – https://www.spreaker.com/show/new-spreaker-studio-prototype-windows
– Spreaker Studio for iOS – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spreaker-studio/id585625596?mt=8
– Spreaker Studio for Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spreaker.android.studio&hl=en
– Spreaker Studio for Desktop – Win/MAC – https://www.spreaker.com/desktop-studio/download
– Audio-Technica ATR-2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone – http://amzn.to/1iwSB8E
– #iLovePodcasting T-Shirt – https://twitter.com/robgreenlee/status/706320283599183872
– Free “Levelator” for Win/MAC – http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator
– Sony SoundForge Audio Studio 10 – http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/audiostudio
Send Questions and Comments to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/spreaker using #SpreakerLive
Tech Support: support at spreaker.com