Here is another episode of the Spreaker Live Show, #39 from Dec 30th, 2015. Our Head of Content Rob Greenlee’s guest this week is Joel Zammit, Business Manager and Host at SansPantsRadio.com in Australia. Joel is co-host of SansPants’ “Plumbing The Death Star” podcast, and is also a Media Lecturer/Tutor at La Trobe University in Melbourne.
In this weeks 29 minute pre-recorded “Spreaker Live Show” episode #38. We speak with Karin Hoegh, a very long-time Podcast Consultant at Podconsult.dk/english out of Denmark. Karin is very well known in the podcasting community and has been a vocal advocate for podcasts in Europe for many year. She joined me on the show from Copenhagen to give her real world experience around Podcasting in Europe. Karin has been a very active representative of the podcasting in Denmark since the very early days of Podcasting and has been a regular attendee of many podcasting conferences in the USA.
Show Discussion Topics:
- She offers her impression of the podcasting market in Denmark and in other parts of Europe?
- What are you seeing around podcasting awareness and listenership and new content growth in Europe?
- We discuss my experience at a Podcaster Meetup in Barcelona, Spain a week ago and how all the podcasters spoke in their podcasts using Spanish, but agreed that the most popular podcasts people listen to in Spain are in English.
- We discuss how podcasts are listened to or created by a very numbers of people in Europe and most yet do not know what a podcast is or care.
- Will European media ever get excited about podcasting, like what the USA media has done because of “Serial” here in the USA?
In this weeks pre-recorded “Spreaker Live Show episode #36, I speak to writer, 11-year podcasting veteran and inaugural inductee to the Podcast Hall of Fame Mur Lafferty. She talks about her current podcast shows “I Should Be Writing” and “Ditch Diggers” that are on Spreaker and shares her thoughts about a writers’ life from the standpoint of a beginner and a pro, respectively.
We’re getting ready for another live podcast episode today 11/25 at 3pm PST / 6pm EST! In episode 35, our Head of Content Rob Greenlee will be behind the mic together with Mat Kaplan, Planetary Radio Producer/Host is an official show from “The Planetary Society” led by CEO Bill Nye. The show visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond.
Last week, an amazing thing happened. The President of the United States walked into a garage in Los Angeles to record a podcast with a scruffy comedian named Marc Maron on his WTF show. This event rocked the mass media and political world in a big way and sent a message that radio was not as relevant as podcasting in enabling intimate and personal connections with voters. This WTF episode garnered about a million downloads within 36 hours. This is another tent pole moment on the scale of “Serial” for podcasting and on demand audio.