If you’re wondering what the GDPR is, don’t worry! The GDPR is a new Regulation which aims to protect users digital privacy rights by strengthening laws on data protection and giving EU citizens complete control over their personal data – great news for online users everywhere. This means that all users will be the owners of their online data and it is the controller’s (ours) obligation to make sure your rights are respected according to the Regulation.
So, what does that mean for you when it comes to how Spreaker uses your data?
Well, it means that we will:
- Keep users’ personal data only if it is strictly necessary for accessing and using the platform.
- Grant a permanent removal – in case of account deletion – of all of your personal data on Spreaker (and its partners) within 30 days.
- Continue our daily work to protect and keep personal data secure – with particular attention with regards to children (there will be no data collection and platform access for persons under the age of 16 years old).
How we will keep our transparency commitment to the community:
- We will provide users with clear terms and fair user flows, UI, and communication.
- Give great attention to security and privacy, and inform users immediately in case of eventual data breaches.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding these changes or your account, we would be more than happy to answer them. Just contact us.
To make sure you are able to continue using Spreaker and all of its services, please accept the changes here. As mentioned, all of these updates are improvements for the user and are a standard European legal requirement.