Here at Spreaker, the site that gets you on the air and broadcasting all over the world, we’re now looking for new team members who share the same dream of giving everyone a voice. You can join the young visionaries at their new pad at makeastartup.com, Friedelstrasse 27, Berlin, if you think you’ve got what it takes.
Help us develop our mobile app by giving careful attention to tech design, coding, and to maintaining Spreaker apps on the Android platform. Keep up-to-date on the latest industry trends for mobile technologies, manage user feedback, fix bugs, and solve problems. What we need from you:
- Experience developing in Java with Android SDK
- Experience with TDD and testing in Java (e.g. JUnit)
- Passionate about UX and UI
- Put code quality and stability in first place
Added plus: Basic knowledge of audio codecs (mp3, AAC) and audio filtering techniques.
Help develop Spreaker’s streaming and recording infrastructure with your knowledge and caring of system stability and code quality. Develop the streaming and recording infrastructure of Spreaker, as well as rock-solid applications with up-time measured in months. Optimize back-end applications for performance, scalability and stability. What we need from you:
- Experience developing newtork oriented Java applications (ideally using a networking framework, e.g. Netty)
- Experience with testing / TDD Good knowledge of HTTP/1.1 protocol
Added pluses: If you have experience in Wowza media server and knowledge of the RTMP protocol, in developing distributed and scalable web application, experience and knowledge of audio codecs (mp3, aac), and in developing in C and JNI.
Help develop Spreaker’s backend and API design with a high performance and scalable infrastructure, capable of handling tens of millions requests per day. Develop the backend of www.spreaker.com and api.spreaker.com from design to deploy, optimize the backend for performance, scalability and stability, and work with quick design-deploy cycles. What we need from you:
- Experience developing PHP based backends with a framework (ideally Symfony)
- Experience with queuing systems (ideally Gearman and RabbitMQ)
- Experience with testing / TDD Good knowledge of SQL, ability to write and optimize complex queries
- Good knowledge of HTTP/1.1
Added pluses: experience with S3, Redis, PostgreSQL and developing distributed and scalable web applications.
Good luck, grasshoppers!