In episode 46 of the Spreaker Live Show we focus on faith-based podcasting and the question “Is local community based church attendance being replaced or added to by podcasts?”.
We are joined on the show by Dr. Jerry Johnson, President and CEO, National Religious Broadcasters (NRB.org). Religion topic podcasts make up the largest number of series shows in the podcasting space today at places like Spreaker and iTunes.
The topics discussed from this February 17th, 2016 episode are also about the National Religious Broadcaster’s Proclaim16 Convention (NRBConvention.com) that took place Feb 22-26, 20016 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Click read more to see the specific topics and links discussed in this 25 minute interview.
The National Religious Broadcasters (NRB.org) located in the Washington, DC. NRB is an international association of Christian communicators whose member organizations represent millions of viewers, listeners and readers worldwide. The mission of the NRB is to advance biblical truth, to promote media excellence, and to defend free speech.
Show Discussion Topics:
- Has digital media changed how Christians worship these days with the rapid growth of Internet and smartphones? Has it increased access to faith-based traditions?
- Is Podcasting a way to reach and connect to a more virtual church sermon experience? Is it the future?
- Should churches go beyond recording sermons for their podcasts to connect with younger listeners?
- Do you see church podcasts being more important to local churches or are you seeing more of a national/global focus?
- Why large church leaders have been embracing podcasting (Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Charles Stanley)
- He tells us about the National Religious Broadcasters Proclaim16 Convention in Nashville, Tennessee
- How should Christian Radio stations embrace podcasting?
Show Guest Links: