(Updated on June 2019) Google has made a game-changing announcement for podcasters, unveiling its plans for Google Podcasts, a complete podcast ecosystem.
Google Podcasts – and its future updates – will offer podcasters the chance to potentially double their audience numbers by publishing across the myriad of Google platforms: Google Search Results, Google Podcasts App, Google Voice Assistant and last but definitely not least, Google Home Devices.
What does that mean?
This is huge news for the audio field: Google is a giant who holds a major market share for smartphone operative systems – the knock-on effect? A lot of new potential listeners entering the podcasting market. Also, it doesn’t matter where you’re based, G Podcasts is available to anybody, everywhere – It’s completely separate from Google Play Music service, which is currently limited to just the US and Canada.
How can I submit my podcast to Google Podcasts?
Now you know what a powerful tool Google Podcasts is, you will want to know how to get indexed with it. Luckily Spreaker has recently introduced our one-click distribution system, making sharing your podcast to the platform super simple and quick.
To get started:
- Log onto your Spreaker account and select ‘Dashboard’ from the top-right drop-down menu where you’ll get redirected to the CMS page.
- Select the show you’d like to distribute.
- From your show’s panel on the left-hand side select ‘Distribution’.
- Click the down arrow next to Google Podcasts and select ‘Submit’.
- Your show will then be reviewed by Spreaker and Google’s teams – please note this process can take several days to complete.
- Once a decision has been made you’ll receive an e-mail confirming whether your show has been accepted or rejected.
If you want to read more information on how things work, understand the guidelines and learn how to optimize your podcast we have written a manual to help you get as prepared as possible.
Get the Manual now and feel free to share it with other podcasters out there!