Here is another episode of the Spreaker Live Show, #39 from Dec 30th, 2015. Our Head of Content Rob Greenlee’s guest this week is Joel Zammit, Business Manager and Host at SansPantsRadio.com in Australia. Joel is co-host of SansPants’ “Plumbing The Death Star” podcast, and is also a Media Lecturer/Tutor at La Trobe University in Melbourne.
Joel has been operating SansPants Radio since 2011 and is part of Spreaker’s Adore.fm Podcast Network. SansPants produces 5 podcasts out of a studio in Australia, with “Plumbing the Death Star” as the flagship show of the group. Others include “Shut up a Second”, “D&D is For Nerds”, “Movie Maintenance” and a new show called “It’s Just Good Business”.
He shares with us some great tips like how to create great podcast content, design eye-catching cover art, and come up with show names. His big tip is to just do a show that is fun and makes everyone laugh.
Show Discussion Topics:
- Joel talks about his background, and how SansPants started creating shows
- Discussion about their Melbourne studios and the team of great co-hosts
- We run through each show and give a run down of what is interesting about each
- iTunes selected “Plumbing The Death Star” and “D&D is For Nerds” as top podcasts in 2015.
- What is SansPants approach to podcasting on the content side, what are you trying to do?
- What’s “cool” now about podcasting as younger people are not typically interested in podcasting?
Send Questions and Comments to:
@Spreaker on Twitter using #SpreakerLive
Tech Support: support at spreaker.com
Rob Greenlee: Rob at Spreaker.com and http://twitter.com/robgreenlee